Panama City Beach Outpatient Program
JourneyPure Emerald Coast’s Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) offers a full continuum of drug & alcohol education, counseling and therapy. Our intensive outpatient addiction treatment can be utilized as a step down from residential treatment or a primary treatment program in some circumstances. IOP may be recommended as a primary program for patients who do not need a medically-supervised detox or whose addiction can be managed without residential treatment. The flexibility of IOP allows patients to maintain a job and live on their own while participating in a dedicated addiction recovery community, which is why most patients choose an IOP program local to their job and families.
What is Included in Outpatient Services
The services we offer at JourneyPure Emerald Coast’s IOP align with those that we provide our inpatient clients. These include:
- Addiction Treatment — This is a basic service as part of our intensive outpatient abuse program. We treat the whole person, not just the addiction. By adopting a holistic approach to drug and alcohol addiction treatment, we can help you feel whole and in control again.
- Anxiety Treatment — Anxiety can contribute to addiction and must be addressed uniquely according to a patient’s lifestyle, history and more. Our professionals understand how to provide patients with the skills and understanding they need to recover from addiction as it relates to their anxiety.
- Case Management — While participating in our Panama City Beach IOP, patients receive intensive case management. The JourneyPure Emerald Coast case managers are compassionate and knowledgeable.
- Dual Diagnosis — Many clients who come through IOP for drug or alcohol addiction have a dual diagnosis. This means there is an underlying mental health challenge that is playing a role in their addiction, such as bipolar disorder, clinical depression, OCD or anxiety disorder. We will help patients address their mental health challenges concurrently with their addiction.
- Experiential Therapy — One of the most well-regarded aspects of our intensive outpatient treatment program access to experiential therapies including songwriting workshops, teambuilding activities and art therapies.
- Aftercare Support — As with all patients of JourneyPure Emerald Coast, IOP particiapatns you will receive the highest quality of aftercare support post-treatment. Proper aftercare helps patients transition into a new life that is supported by a community of caregivers aimed at preventing relapse.
What are the Benefits of IOP vs. Residential Treatment?
Some of the benefits of partnering with our team of professionals who represent the best addiction specialists in Florida include:
- Patients live at home. This means fewer disruptions of family life.
- Patients have the freedom to work while participating in treatment.
- Access to similar services provided to residential patients
What are IOP Sessions Like?
Each intensive outpatient session is approximately three hours in length and is conducted in conjunction with our residential groups in the mornings. Our therapists are masters’ level addictions experts with decades of experience in the field. Topics addressed in our intensive outpatient program for substance abuse include:
- Definition, terms and self-diagnosis — The more patients know about their addiction and how it is defined, the better the chances of successful addiction treatment.
- Triggers, cravings and avoiding relapse — How patients respond to expected and unexpected life events can make all the difference. We provide patients with the skills to make the right choices.
- Spirituality as a component in recovery — Patients do not have to be religious to benefit from a focus on spirituality. When spirituality is part of treatment and aftercare, patients experience greater peace of mind and a stronger purpose for living.
- Anger and communication — Is anger a challenge? How about being able to verbalize feelings? In our intensive outpatient drug and alcohol treatment program, patients will find their voice.
- 12-step and other self-help groups — We use proven methods such as 12-step help groups to set patients on a path to successful recovery.
- Nutrition, exercise and physical wellness — As a part of our holistic treatment approach to drug and alcohol addiction, we offer services that focus on the mind, body and spirit, such as recreational activities including yoga and meditation.
- Compulsive behaviors —Compulsive behaviors can be stopped through better decision-making.
- Family matters — Family plays a huge role in addiction. We also offer family counseling which is invaluable to many of our patients.
- Job interview preparation — As patients set out on their new life path, they may need better job-interviewing skills. We can help in this area through our job-interview training.
- Alcohol, tobacco and other drug education — At our drug and alcohol intensive outpatient treatment program, we introduce patients to the facts about addiction and break down the misconceptions.
- Planning for recovery — When patients have a map for aftercare, they have a better chance of succeeding in recovery.
- Stress and emotional well-being — Handling stressors proactively, effectively and healthily is part of recovery from an addiction to drugs or alcohol.
- Relapse prevention — We can share ways to prevent a relapse event from occurring and how to handle one if it does.
- HIV/AIDS and other STDs — These are conditions that may arise from drug or alcohol addiction and the behaviors and choices that go along with the addiction.
- Problem-solving — We can help you develop skills to solve problems the right way without allowing them to overwhelm you.
- Grief — We can help patients find ways to deal with grief from a healthy perspective, rather than turning to drugs or alcohol to mask the hurt.
- Money management — Properly managed finances will affect a patient’s recovery success. We teach money-management skills that work for patients who are transitioning from treatment back into everyday life.
- Human needs and social relationship — Becoming an active part of your community is essential to getting well after finishing intensive outpatient treatment at JourneyPure Emerald Coast. We can even help patients develop better social skills.