JourneyPure Emerald Coast
Inpatient Depression Treatment Facility
Depression is one of the most common mental health disorders in America. The most common types include situational depression, bipolar depression and clinical depression. All forms of depression cause symptoms that affect the way your think and feel. There is almost no aspect of your life that isn’t touched by depression. It undermines our enjoyment of life. It can upset relationships, negatively affect work and school performance. Depression can even affect your physical health or be affected by it.
The latest research on depression suggests that it is caused by a combination of genetic, biological, environmental, and psychological factors. Its risk factors include a family history of depression, major life changes like trauma, illness, or stress, and some types of physical illnesses and medications. What we know for certain about depression is that we cannot afford to ignore it and there’s simply no reason to. No one deserves to suffer in silence with depression.
However, even in the most severe cases, depression can be treated with some combination of medication, psychotherapy, or alternative therapy. If you or someone you know struggle with depression contact JourneyPure’s depression treatment center in Florida today. There’s no obligation to enter treatment and your call is completely private and confidential. We will be happy to answer your questions and tell you about our program and how it can help you or the person you love counteract the symptoms of depression and live a better life.
Signs and Symptoms
In addition to “low mood,” some persistent symptoms are required for a major depression diagnosis. The strength and frequency of these symptoms depends on the individual. Don’t hesitate to talk about your symptoms or to ask for help. Not talking about depression because you are worried about being a “burden” to others or sounding like a complainer is a mistake. No one deserves to suffer from the symptoms of a depressive disorder, so do yourself a favor and talk about it. You’re worth it.
If you have experienced some of the following signs and symptoms of depression every day for two weeks or more, you may have depression.
- Decreased energy
- Appetite or weight changes
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in the usual hobbies
- Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Changes in sleeping patterns: insomnia or oversleeping
- Aches and pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems with no clear physical cause
If you show signs of any of these symptoms or suspect you may struggle with depression, don’t wait! Call JourneyPure Emerald Coast at (877) 958-5354 anytime, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. We are here to help, but we can only help if you make the call. Don’t deny yourself the help and relief you deserve. No one should have to endure the suffering that comes with untreated, or undertreated depression.
It's Time to Make a Change
Accepting Same Day Admission With Additional Pre-Screening800-338-5770
DEPRESSION treatment IN FLORIDA
At least 2,889,000 adults in Florida have a diagnosed mental health disorder. When we look beyond the people who have already received a diagnosis we realize the numbers are staggering. The National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) found in 2021 that 40.8% of adults in Florida reported symptoms of anxiety or depression. Florida is a big state, so that amounts to 8.88 million people with these symptoms. Even more concerning is the fact that nearly a quarter of them (24.8%) felt they were unable to get the counseling or therapy they needed. That is unacceptable. As one of Florida’s premier mental health and addiction treatment centers, JourneyPure Emerald Coast is on a mission to see that as many Floridians as possible get the treatment for depression or anxiety that they need. A large part of achieving this goal depends on awareness.
Journeypure is raising awareness
JourneyPure Emerald Coast wants to raise awareness about depression in Florida and to show people that help is available. Depression is the most common mental health disorder in Florida, as it is in the rest of the U.S. Finding the best treatment for depression in Florida isn’t as difficult as you might imagine. Many people aren’t aware of just how much help is available for clinical depression, bipolar depression and other mental illnesses in Florida. Depression does not have to be a life sentence. While there isn’t a definitive “cure” for depression in the conventional sense, there is a great deal we can do to help alleviate the symptoms of depression and dramatically improve quality of life for people with this condition.
7 major TYPES OF DEPRESSION
There are forms of depression that differ slightly from one another. They may develop under certain life circumstances, including:
- Situational Depression: This temporary form of depression occurs after or during a tragic event or challenging time in a person’s life. It differs from most other forms of depression in that it’s origin isn’t in biology or brain chemistry, but rather outside stimuli alone. However, situational depression can improve dramatically with treatment, just like other forms of depressive disorders.
- Persistent Depressive Disorder: Also called dysthymia, a persistent depressive disorder is a depressed mood that lasts for years. The symptoms are less severe, but episodes of major depression can crop up from time to time
- Postpartum Depression: Many women experience postpartum depression after giving birth. It is far more severe than the “baby blues,” in that its symptoms include extreme sadness, anxiety, and exhaustion. These symptoms make it difficult for new mothers to complete the daily care activities that come with having a newborn baby.
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: This lesser known form of depression results in severe irritability and anxiety in the week or two before a woman’s period starts. It is related to PMS, but not identical. While it usually subsides within a week of the period beginning, it can be very detrimental to quality of life and relationships.
- Psychotic Depression: Psychotic depression occurs when depression combines with some form of psychosis. This includes having disturbing false fixed beliefs, or delusions, and hearing or seeing things that others cannot see, also known as hallucinations. Psychotic symptoms often have a theme, such as guilt, poverty, or illness.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder: Seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, occurs with depression during the winter months, or when there is less natural sunlight. This form of depression is accompanied sometimes by social withdrawal, increased sleep, and weight gain.
- Bipolar Disorder: Bipolar mood disorder differs from depression in basic ways. However, it is included because the “low moods” of the disorder meet the criteria for major depression. Of course, in people with bipolar disorder, these low moods are counteracted with bouts of extreme euphoria.
wHY iT IS WORTH GETTING HELP FOR A DEPRESSIVE DISORDER
When it comes to mental health and depression, getting the right help is essential. Admitting yourself to a mental health treatment center for depression gives you access to dedicated mental health professionals who can provide comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, and treatment. Treatment centers also provide a safe, supportive environment where people can openly talk about their struggles with mental illness without judgement. The answer to depression isn’t found in a single solution. For most people, a combination of things will give them the best result. These may range from individual therapy, group therapy, medication and even diet and exercise. Checking into a high-quality depression treatment program in Florida is the easiest way to get this multi-faceted approach to help you overcome your depression symptoms and live the life you know you could be, if not for your mental health condition.
Isolation and depression
Depression can be an incredibly isolating and overwhelming condition, but it doesn’t have to be faced alone. By reaching out for help at a mental health treatment center, you’ll gain the support of mental health professionals who understand depression and who are committed to helping you find your way back to mental and emotional wellness. Treatment centers offer a variety of evidence-based treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and psychotherapy to help you develop effective coping skills and gain insight into your mental health challenges. Admitting yourself to a mental health treatment center for depression is an important step in getting the care you need. You can’t get too much help when it comes to mental health and depression, so don’t be afraid to reach out for the support you need. Taking action now will give you the best chance of making real progress on your mental health journey and living a better, happier life.
journeypure’s florida depression treatment program
Even in the most severe cases, depression can be treated. However, no two people have exactly the same kind of depression. There is no “one size fits all” treatment. This is why getting professional help from a well-regarded facility like JourneyPure is so important. Effective treatment begins with accurate diagnosis and results in a treatment plan which delivers results and progress. Antidepressants are medications that help relieve some of the symptoms of depression. They help improve the way the brain engages with certain chemicals to control mood or stress. Antidepressants take time, usually from two to four weeks, to work. They car be part of an effective depression treatment plan, but they are not a solution by themselves.
Types of therapy we use a journeypure emerald coast
Several types of psychotherapy that we offer at our depression treatment center in Florida can help people with depression. Individual therapy, group therapy, and family counseling have all shown significant benefits in treating depression. We employ Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT, which is considered the gold standard among psychotherapy methods. We also utilize Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and brain stimulation therapies, such as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), can effectively treat some types of depression when medication has failed or when medication side effects are unacceptable to the patient. EMDR, in particular, has also been proven very effective at helping resolve symptoms of anxiety for people with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and is helpful for a number of anxiety disorders which sometimes co-occur with depression.
our Inpatient depression treatment center can help
JourneyPure Emerald Coast is a mental health and addiction treatment provider in Panama City Beach, FL. We have helped hundreds of people overcome both addiction and depression. We have the staff and resources to give you or your loved one the tools they need for a life of long-term recovery and freedom from addiction.
We take a comprehensive and holistic approach at JourneyPure Emerald Coast. This includes medical intervention and cognitive behavioral therapy as well as holistic services like experiential therapies and trauma-informed care. This approach has successfully helped prescription drug abusers go on to live happy, productive, and sober lives. If you or someone you love is struggling with depression, addiction or another mental health disorder, JourneyPure Emerald Coast wants to help. Give us a call, anytime, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week at: (877) 958-5354 and we will be happy to talk about what we can do to help you or your loved one live a better life.