What Is Evidence-Based Addiction Treatment?
When a drug rehab center in Panama City Beach, FL utilizes evidence-based addiction treatment, both the patient’s diagnosis and treatment therapies are backed by peer-reviewed scientific evidence. Addiction is defined as a chronic disease by the medical community and requires a long-term course of care treatment plans. A few different models of addiction exist; however, the medical or “disease model” of addiction leads the charge for evidence-based guidance in addiction treatment. The model suggests that there are biological, psychological, or sociological reasons underlying the nature of addiction. Basing an addiction treatment plan on the medical model helps clinical staff identify and resolve the internal issues that lead to addiction while creating a long-term, sustainable recovery plan.
What To Expect From Our Evidence-Based Addiction Treatment In Panama City Beach, FL
As one of the JourneyPure premier rehabilitation centers, our Panama City Beach, FL drug rehab offers evidence-based addiction treatment services that are rooted in the scientific research of addiction. Our clinical and medical staff stay up-to-date on the latest medical model treatment methods, striving to always provide patients with the highest level of care available. We acknowledge there is not yet a cure for addiction, meaning that ongoing support and care is essential for disease management.
Each patient receives a customized treatment plan, that addresses all of their physical and psychological needs. Our patients can expect one-on-one therapy, group therapy, spiritual therapy, and experiential therapies, such as outdoor adventure, equine and songwriting. Each of the evidence-based addiction treatment therapies in Panama City Beach,FL utilized at JourneyPure Emerald Coast is integrated into our group and individual sessions. What each patient needs from these therapies is unique, but in general, they are designed to uncover the root cause of the addiction, treat trauma, PTSD, depression or other mood disorders, and to provide the patient the coping strategies needed to move forward in recovery.
Some of these methods include:
• Motivational Enhancement Therapy
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
• Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
• Neurofeedback/Biofeedback Treatments
• 12-Step education and meetings
Successful Panama City Beach, FL evidence-based addiction treatment programs begin with detox and proceed with customized behavioral therapies. Post-treatment is followed up with a well-designed aftercare plan for sustaining abstinence. Our holistic approach addresses every aspect of addiction, health, and wellness – physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Call us today to learn about how we can help850-424-1923
Evidence-Based Addiction Treatment in Panama City, FL
Evidence-based treatment refers to treatments that have been backed by peer-reviewed scientific evidence and have proven to be effective in treating substance use disorders. When a drug rehab in Panama City, FL utilizes this treatment approach, all patients will benefit from care that helps treat any and all mental, physical, and emotional issues that they are experiencing.
Types of Evidence-Based Addiction Treatment
Through our evidence-based addiction treatment in Panama City, FL, we provide services that are scientifically proven to treat substance use disorders. Each member of our clinical and medical staff stays knowledgeable about the newest studies and treatments so that they can continue to provide only the highest level of care to all of our patients at our drug rehab.
Because we know that there is no cure for the disease of addiction, we remain vigilant regarding the types of therapeutic advances that have been proven to treat substance use disorders as well as newer modalities that show promise for those in recovery.
At JourneyPure Emerald Coast, we implement as many resources as needed into each patient’s individual treatment plan. Some of those resources include a variety of evidence-based treatments, including the following:
- Motivational enhancement therapy – MET is an approach that focuses on triggering a patient’s internal motivation to get sober and develop a life of recovery. Usually lasting only about 4 sessions, this treatment is designed to, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), “evoke rapid and internally motivated change.”
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing – EMDR is a leading treatment for those who have experienced trauma. With a therapist, the patient will follow a light, object, sound, or tapping while recalling the traumatic event. Once the “distraction” has ended, the therapist will ask the patient to discuss where his or her thoughts went during that time. Studies have proven that partly distracting the mind gives patients the ability to better recall and discuss their trauma.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy – DBT focuses on treating mood disorders and negative behavioral patterns through teaching emotional regulation, interpersonal effectiveness, distress tolerance, and mindfulness.
- Cognitive behavior therapy – CBT is similar to DBT in that it also helps to treat destructive patterns of behavior. Those in CBT will be encouraged to challenge their negative thoughts and behaviors and replace them with positive thoughts and behaviors.
- Neurofeedback/biofeedback – This particular evidence-based treatment utilizes displays of real-time activity in the brain. Patients will be connected to a machine that can measure the activity in the brain so that they can learn more about what triggers certain responses out of them. The goal is to learn how to prevent and combat those triggers now that it is known what makes the brain send certain signals to the rest of the body.
At JourneyPure Emerald Coast, we value the several benefits that evidence-based treatment modalities can provide our patients. In addition to these highly-regarded therapies, we also include 12-Step education and on-site meetings. This evidence-based treatment has been around for nearly 100 years and helps provide patients with a sense of security, support, and accountability to others in the program to stay sober.
What to Expect at our Evidence-Based Addiction Treatment in Panama City, FL
When people are caught in the throes of addiction but do not obtain professional help, they can face deadly consequences. If you are struggling with addiction, JourneyPure Emerald Coast is here to help you overcome the challenges you are facing so that you can begin to build a life that makes you happy, keeps you healthy, and prevents you from abusing drugs again.
No matter how severe your substance use disorder is, our drug rehab facility has everything you need to get sober and stay that way. Even if you have already tried professional treatment, we still urge you to contact us. We remain dedicated to helping every patient of ours achieve their treatment goals.
If you enroll in a program at our drug rehab in Panama City, FL, you can expect the following:
- Several individual therapy sessions every week, where our personable and experienced therapists will help you to uncover the underlying causes of your addiction and help you establish coping skills to keep you in recovery
- Around-the-clock access to our recovery coaches, who are not only a great resource to address the bigger issues associated with your addiction and recovery, but also a support person who can listen, give advice, and be a friend throughout this process
- A variety of therapies that encourage mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual healing, such as motivational interviewing, trauma therapy, behavioral therapies, and other therapies designed to treat the both the symptoms and the root causes of your substance use disorder
- Practical solutions to help with things such as coping with and managing cravings, finding ways to alleviate stress and anxiety, and developing skills to address any other life circumstances that would otherwise compromise your sobriety
Get Professional Evidence-Based Addiction Treatment in Panama City, FL Today
Independent attempts at getting sober can not only be demoralizing and frustrating, but they can also cause a person to continue to use when unsuccessful in quitting. With the support of our team at JourneyPure Emerald Coast, anyone who is ready to get sober can succeed in doing so.
Evidence-based treatment is critical in treating substance use disorders, which is why our drug rehab implements these types of modalities into the individualized care we provide patients. We know that when patients put effort into their recovery and have our support to continue to encourage them, true transformation can begin. However, effort and support cannot completely treat a substance use disorder, which is why we value evidence-based treatment. These approaches have helped millions of people, including our patients, get to the root of their addictions and achieve true healing.
If you or someone you love is addicted to drugs, do not allow one more second to go by without reaching out to our drug rehab right now. Our evidence-based addiction treatment in Panama City, FL can help you or a loved one finally break through the chains of addiction. Call us today.