What is Evidence-Based Addiction Treatment?
When an addiction treatment center utilizes evidence-based addiction treatment, both the patient’s diagnosis and treatment therapies are backed by peer-reviewed scientific evidence. Addiction is defined as a chronic disease by the medical community and requires long-term course of care treatment plans. A few different models of addiction exist; however, the medical or “disease model” of addiction leads the charge for evidence-based guidance in addiction treatment. The model suggests that there are biological, psychological, or sociological reasons underlying the nature of addiction. Basing an addiction treatment plan on the medical model helps clinical staff identify and resolve the internal issues that lead to addiction, while creating a long-term, sustainable recovery plan.
What to Expect From Our Evidence-Based Addiction Treatment
As one of the JourneyPure premier rehabilitation centers, JourneyPure Emerald Coast offers evidence-based addiction treatment services that are rooted in the scientific research of addiction. Our clinical and medical staff stay up-to-date on the latest medical model treatment methods, striving to always provide patients with the highest level of care available. We acknowledge there is not yet a cure for addiction, meaning that ongoing support and care is essential for disease management.
Each patient receives a customized treatment plan, that addresses all of their physical and psychological needs. Our patients can expect one-on-one therapy, group therapy, spiritual therapy, and experiential therapies, such as outdoor adventure, equine and songwriting. Each of the evidence-based addiction treatment therapies utilized at JourneyPure Emerald Coast is integrated into our group and individual sessions. What each patient needs from these therapies is unique, but in general, they are designed to uncover the root cause of the addiction, treat trauma, PTSD, depression or other mood disorders, and to provide the patient the coping strategies needed to move forward in recovery.
Some of these methods include:
• Motivational Enhancement Therapy
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
• Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
• Neurofeedback/Biofeedback Treatments
• 12-Step education and meetings
Successful evidence-based addiction treatment programs begin with detox and proceed with customized behavioral therapies. Post-treatment is followed up with well-designed aftercare plan for sustaining abstinence. Our holistic approach addresses every aspect of addiction, health and wellness – physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Call us today to learn about how we can help850-424-1923
JourneyPure’s Evidence-Based Addiction Treatment in Panama city beach Florida
Without evidence-based addiction treatment, addiction can have fatal consequences. JourneyPure Emerald Coast is here to help you eliminate the obstacles to a successful recovery and to help you begin your journey toward a lifetime of happiness and health. Even if you have attempted rehabilitation treatment in the past without success, we encourage you to contact us. We are committed to finding the right treatment options for you. There is no judgment; only an earnest desire to help you get well. Call today to speak with one of our compassionate counselors if you or a loved one is suffering from addiction.
When you enroll in our evidence-based addiction treatment, you can expect:
•Multiple individual therapy sessions every week. Our skilled clinicians will work with you to help identify the underlying reasons for your addiction.
• Round-the-clock access to recovery coaches who will calm your nerves, listen with an understanding ear, and provide you with comfort and support.
• A multitude of therapies that address emotional, psychological, social, and physical healing. Included are motivational interviewing, wellness therapy, trauma recovery therapy, and other therapies that are necessary for getting sober.
• Practical solutions to common recovery issues. You will learn to cope and manage cravings effectively. In addition, you will be instructed on how to relieve stress, anxiety, and other challenging circumstances that those in recovery face regularly.