What Exactly Is A Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program?
Dual diagnosis is a clinical term referring a mental health disorder coupled with a chemical dependency or substance abuse problem. It is also referred to as a co-occurring disorder, as both disorders occur simultaneously. The disorders must be treated together, since both are intertwined and affect each other.
If you or someone you love struggles with addiction and may have a mental health concern, JourneyPure Emerald Coast in Panama City Beach offers dual diagnosis treatment and comprehensive care that addresses both issues.
Here are some quick facts to consider on mental illness in the United States.
– 17.5 million Americans suffer from a serious mental health disorder; of these people, an estimated 4 million struggle with co-occurring substance abuse or chemical dependency
– 35% of alcoholics and 53% of addicts struggle with at least one other mental illness
– 29% of people with mental illness have substance abuse issues.
What To Expect In Our Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program In Panama City Beach Florida
By addressing both mental health and chemical dependency problems at once, the entire recovery process is coordinated to ensure a seamless and successful dual diagnosis treatment. From personalized therapy to medication management, JourneyPure Emerald Coast in Panama City Beach prepares patients for success.
It is not uncommon for patients suffering from addiction to also experience a co-occurring mental health disorder. Co-occurring disorders is a term often used with dual-diagnosis to describe when someone with a substance abuse disorder is also suffering from a mental health issue like depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder or PTSD.
Studies suggest that people with mental health disorders are far more likely to abuse substances in order to cope. There are approximately 9 million Americans who abuse alcohol or drugs that have an undiagnosed mental health disorder. Sadly, only about 7% of these people receive the dual diagnosis treatment they need.
Our Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program provides integrated services to address both addiction and mental health disorders simultaneously. Research shows this to be a more effective treatment program than when only one end of the spectrum is stabilized but the other is not.
That can cause an imbalance that could lead more quickly to relapse. JourneyPure Emerald Coast is a top tier treatment center that provides excellent dual diagnosis care to patients experiencing co-occurring disorders.
Call us today to learn about how we can help850-424-1923
Benefits of our Florida Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program
You may benefit from a Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program if you struggle with alcohol or drug addiction AND:
- Have been diagnosed with anxiety, OCD, PTSD, depression, ADD/ADHD, bipolar disorder, panic disorder, or any other chronic mental health disorder.
- Persistently feel empty, sad, anxious, hopeless, or have suicidal thoughts.
- Feel guilty, worthless, or helpless.
- Find no pleasure in previously enjoyed activities.
- Struggle with indecision.
- Feel easily exhausted.
- Have problems with sleeping.
- Experience unusual weight fluctuation.
- Are tense, irritable, or restless.
- Experience digestive problems or headaches that don’t respond to treatment
Studies indicate that abusing substances can worsen mental health conditions, but there is no need to suffer alone. Our highly-trained, compassionate clinical staff guide you in addressing any hidden mental health issues that are a contributing factor to your addiction struggles.
Finding help through our Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program
JourneyPure Emerald Coast works together with patients and families to identify your triggers and develop a workable plan for dual diagnosis treatment. We work to treat the whole person and that includes providing tools for improving mental health. Give us a call today for any questions you may have on dual diagnosis treatment.