Treatment for Alcoholism at JourneyPure Emerald Coast
Alcoholism affects millions of people a year and is the most common addiction in the United States. According to research conducted by the National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency (NCADD), approximately 17 million people suffer from alcohol abuse. It doesn’t take long for the effects of alcohol withdrawal to cause addicted individuals to feel anxious and physically ill.
Common withdrawal symptoms can include:
- A constant desire to drink
- Losing control over one’s life
In cases where copious amounts of alcohol are consumed daily, certain vital chemicals in the brain can become dependent on this consumption, making the physical repercussions of getting sober severe due to the brain’s inability to quickly adjust. The consequences of attempting to quit drinking “cold turkey” can be serious and even fatal which is why medically-assisted detox is always the safest and most comfortable option.
Some common effects of alcohol withdrawal include:
When to seek treatment
If you or a loved one is struggling with an alcohol problem, we’re here to help. Some common signs of alcoholism are:
- Justifying daily drinking
- Neglecting responsibilities due to being drunk
- Driving drunk
- Getting a DUI
- Failing to acknowledge the problem
- Losing touch with non-drinking friends
- Seeking out the companionship of other heavy drinkers.
What to expect from treatment?
Our Residential Treatment Programs are designed to help those battling with alcoholism to overcome their addiction and live a healthier and happier life.
- Our process for treating alcoholism begins with a medically assisted detox, which protects the patient from the potentially fatal effects of alcohol withdrawal. Our staff provides 24/7 care to reduce the discomfort of withdrawal symptoms, making the transition to sober living less overwhelming.
- JourneyPure utilizes a combination of evidence-based therapies that encourage our patients to actively engage in their recovery process. We also provide holistic treatments such as: cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing and experiential therapies to treat a patient’s mind, body and spirit. Our staff will work diligently to diagnose any co-occurring conditions such as anxiety, PTSD, eating disorders and depression. By treating these dual diagnoses simultaneously, we increase the client’s rate of success once leaving treatment. In addition, we offer 12-Step and group support programs grounded in the teachings of Alcoholics Anonymous. Our goal is to find the unique solution that works in treating the individual, giving each client the necessary tools to succeed in their recovery.
- Stay Sober with the JourneyPure Coaching™ Platform
- Everyone who completes rehabilitation for alcoholism at JourneyPure Emerald Coast will be enrolled in the JourneyPure Coaching™. This app allows alumni to stay in touch with their recovery coaches, as well as engage in group support, for a full year after their treatment.
Contact Us Today
You can live a fulfilling and sober life without alcohol. Let us help. Speak with one of our counselors today if you or a loved one is struggling with addiction to alcohol.