Notice: Undefined variable: data_chunks in /var/www/vhosts/emeraldcoastjourneypure.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/logo-slider/logo-slider.php on line 1319
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/emeraldcoastjourneypure.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/logo-slider/logo-slider.php on line 1319
Employee Assistance Program as an Intervention Service
A lesser known, but vitally important element of intervention services is the Employee Assistance Program or EAP. Most companies, and nearly all public agencies, have EAPs. These functions are normally responsible for employee drug screening, drug abuse prevention training, and disciplinary recommendations should an employee have a drug or alcohol issue that affects their job.
No company or agency has the resources internally to provide all the substance abuse services that employees may require. Therefore, many turn to organizations like JourneyPure Emerald Coast to augment their programs. At JourneyPure Emerald Coast, our trained and certified clinicians provide treatment to individuals suffering from addiction, mental health disorders and trauma-related challenges. Our holistic program treats the whole person, including the affected physical, psychological, behavioral, emotional and spiritual components. We put our experience in the substance abuse and mental health field to work for your business’s employee assistance program, whether you need monitoring or education services.
JourneyPure Emerald Coast Supports Your Florida Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Under EAP, JourneyPure Emerald Coast is able to assist businesses’ substance abuse prevention programs with:
- Assessments and evaluations. It can be difficult to determine if an employee will benefit from treatment. Many individuals who abuse drugs or alcohol, or who are suffering from symptoms of depression or anxiety, appear to function at near-normal levels. Many employers first discover a potential health issue after an employee is arrested for DUI.
JourneyPure Emerald Coast provides comprehensive assessments and evaluations that will clarify whether or not an individual needs help. In addition to substance abuse and mental health evaluations, we can also complete court-mandated DUI evaluations and verify whether or not treatment is progressing as planned. If it is not, JourneyPure Emerald Coast will recommend changes.
- Drug and alcohol testing. JourneyPure Emerald Coast partners with employers and law enforcement to provide a wide range of drug and alcohol screens. We offer breathalyzer services, 12-panel urine tests for drugs, urine screens for alcohol, blood testing for drugs and alcohol, and hair follicle testing for drugs and alcohol. Breathalyzer and 12-panel testing is the most cost effective, while hair follicle testing is the most expensive. Hair follicle testing can prove substance abuse going back as far as three months. JourneyPure Emerald Coast can also support and confirm test results performed by other labs and individuals.
- Treatment options. JourneyPure Emerald Coast provides struggling individuals with residential and outpatient treatment. Our holistically focused programs combine the latest in experiential and evidence-based practices with successful techniques from the past, such as Alcoholics Anonymous. Family involvement is a key part of the recovery process at JourneyPure Emerald Coast. We also offer medically assisted detox, which eases the transition to recovery, and aftercare, which gives newly sober individuals a helping hand once they return to the world outside residential care.
- Case management and professional referrals. If you need help managing the recovery of an affected employee, call JourneyPure Emerald Coast. We provide ongoing testing and assessment of individuals who are actively recovering from substance abuse, trauma or a mental health disorder. If you are a professional in the field who needs help with one or more cases, call us. Our trained clinicians are respected in the treatment field and are ready to offer assistance.
- Policy and procedure formulation and implementation. Growing businesses need a clear substance abuse policy. If your business is developing an employee assistance plan in Florida and you need help devising a sound substance abuse and/or mental health policy, get in touch with us. Our experienced professionals partner with many Florida employers and can advise you on the best practices and procedures you need to implement to keep your workers safe and productive. The right EAP enhances the workplace — call us when you’re ready to establish an effective policy.
- Training programs for management, employees and their families. Substance abuse and mental health education is a key element in protecting health and well-being. With our help, you and your employees can get answers to difficult questions. Learn more about the behaviors that define addiction, how to tell if depression or anxiety is a problem, and what to do if someone you love is affected by substance abuse, trauma or a mental health disorder. Remove the stigma associated with addiction and depression by giving your employees a forum to discuss the signs that can make the difference between life and death.
- Counseling services and monitoring for affected employees. When someone in your workplace is affected by substance abuse or a mental health disorder, it influences employee happiness, satisfaction and productivity. JourneyPure Emerald Coast provides group counseling services that can help those you care for recover from the challenges associated with these illnesses. We can provide one-time and ongoing counseling and monitoring, and alert you to signs of trouble.
JourneyPure Emerald Coast Offers EAP Services Tailored to Your Florida Organization
Larger organizations may need an outside agency like JourneyPure Emerald Coast only for such things as assessments and evaluations, drug/alcohol screening, referrals and treatment options. However, some smaller organizations have few or no resources available to handle substance abuse problems, yet still desire to promote a drug-free workplace. For these organizations, we can quite often handle all their Employee Assistance Program requirements, including management and employee training, policies and procedures and case management.
Regardless of the specific needs of organizations, JourneyPure Emerald Coast always strives to be a valuable and supportive part of the local community. Our commitment to put the needs of the individual first have garnered us a reputation for excellence and made us the first stop for many people when they need help with a substance abuse-related problem.
Contact JourneyPure Emerald Coast
JourneyPure Emerald Coast is ready to support the needs of your employees and workplace. Whether you need ongoing counseling and monitoring, a DUI evaluation, drug and alcohol testing, a professional referral or a comprehensive substance abuse and mental health plan, we can help. At JourneyPure Emerald Coast, we help people get healthy and stay healthy. We are committed to the well-being of our community, and we are ready to help you support your business with sound substance abuse and mental health policies and procedures.
To learn more about how an employee assistance program can benefit you and your workplace, or to find out more about our residential and outpatient recovery services, call us at (800) 493-5253 today. Our lines are open 24/7/365.