Cocaine Addiction Treatment in Florida
If you or a loved one is using cocaine, there is hope. You can find the best cocaine addiction treatment in Florida at JourneyPure Emerald Coast. Learn more about the signs, symptoms and effects of cocaine, as well as treatment options provided below.
Facts About Cocaine
Cocaine takes the form of a white powder. Users snort, smoke, or inject cocaine. A cocaine high lasts about 20 to 60 minutes, depending on how the drug is taken. Users often take it in a binge pattern to keep from coming down off of a high.
Nationally, about 1.9 million people take cocaine. About 359,000 of these people use crack cocaine, a rock crystal form of cocaine that is smoked instead of snorted or injected.
Cocaine stimulates the central nervous system. It also causes changes in the brain’s dopamine receptors. Dopamine is the neurotransmitter responsible for giving pleasure.
Naturally, when something pleasurable happens, your brain releases dopamine. It circulates and then is absorbed back into brain cells. Cocaine stimulates the brain to release dopamine but prevents it from being absorbed. Dopamine builds up in the synapses or spaces between neurons. This is what gives cocaine its characteristic short, intense high.
Repeated cocaine use eventually causes changes in the brain that lead to addiction. The body begins to develop a tolerance for the drug, and you crave more. Eventually, you have to take more cocaine or take it more frequently to feel the same effects.
Cocaine raises your blood pressure and heart rate. It dilates your pupils and raises your body temperature. People sometimes suffer fatal heart attacks when taking cocaine because of the rapid rise in blood pressure and heart rate. This can occur at any time but especially during cocaine binges.
People can also suffer different effects from taking cocaine depending on their method of ingesting it. For example, people who snort cocaine frequently have nosebleeds, problems with their sense of smell and damage to the lining of the nose. People who inject cocaine and share needles can end up with Hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS or infections of the injection site.
Cocaine is dangerous on its own, but it can be especially deadly when combined with other drugs. Cocaine and heroin taken together can be fatal, as can mixing cocaine and alcohol.
Coming off of cocaine creates anxiety and paranoia. Users sometimes feel irritable and restless until they get their next high. Although the withdrawal period isn’t as prolonged as with other drugs, many people crave another hit of cocaine quickly, making it a dangerous and addictive drug.
Are You Addicted to Cocaine?
Individuals who are struggling with cocaine addiction show definite signs and symptoms. They may keep extra cocaine around the house just in case they want a hit, for example. They may spend all of their money buying cocaine or steal to purchase more. Some people find they experience extreme irritability unless they get more cocaine. Trouble with legal or financial matters are also signs that a casual cocaine habit has turned into an addiction.
Cocaine Addiction Treatment in Panama City Beach, Florida
Cocaine addiction treatment in Panama City Beach, Florida is available at JourneyPure Emerald Coast. If you or someone you love is addicted to cocaine or abusing multiple drugs, please call us immediately.
JourneyPure Emerald Coast offers cocaine addiction treatment in one of Florida’s most beautiful areas. You’ll benefit from holistic addiction treatment which combines the most effective therapies into an individualized treatment program tailored to fit your specific needs.
We offer private and group counseling, holistic treatments, and many other experiential and expressing programing to help you successfully recover from your cocaine addiction. Our staff is also experienced in treating people with multiple addictions, as well as dual diagnosis.
The cocaine addiction treatment options at JourneyPure Emerald Coast include:
- Detox. For many recovering individuals, getting through withdrawal without help is almost impossible. JourneyPure Emerald Coast employs qualified and compassionate detox professionals who can help you or your loved one ease into recovery with less stress and discomfort.
- Dual diagnosis. Most people who abuse drugs and alcohol also have a contributing mental health disorder such as anxiety or depression. Treating these co-occurring disorders alongside addiction can improve outcomes. If you need a cocaine addiction treatment program in Florida that also works with dual diagnosis clients, call JourneyPure Emerald Coast.
- Evidence-based treatment. The JourneyPure Emerald Coast model of treatment includes the latest medical techniques backed by scientific inquiry. Our evidence-based program utilizes the methods that are proven to improve client outcomes.
- 12 Step Counseling. The 12 Steps is still the best known and most successful form of addiction counseling in the world, and JourneyPure Emerald Coast is proud to offer clients this powerful spiritual recovery program.
- Aftercare. Many clients worry about what will happen when they return to life in the “real” world. JourneyPure Emerald Coast provides an attentive and effective aftercare program that gives newly sober clients a helping hand when they return home.
Get Cocaine Addiction Treatment Now
Isn’t it time you stopped letting drugs make your decisions for you? There is expert cocaine addiction help waiting for you at JourneyPure Emerald Coast.
There’s no shame in seeking treatment for a disease, and addiction is a disease just like cancer or diabetes. To get treatment for your cocaine addiction, call JourneyPure Emerald Coast now at (800) 493-5253.
Notice: Undefined variable: data_chunks in /var/www/vhosts/emeraldcoastjourneypure.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/logo-slider/logo-slider.php on line 1319
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/emeraldcoastjourneypure.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/logo-slider/logo-slider.php on line 1319